"my son gets his hope,... so much hate there... that tom, stops saying cruel words to me,"
Thank you for writing to us! We are so glad to hear from you. We are praying for you and your son, and for the details of your situation. We can relate exactly to your situation easily. We are personally familiar with these problems. God brings them in our life for learning and trusting in Him, so that He can help other people. God loves you soooo much!! You are a cherished daughter of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!
First, prayer – Dear Heavenly Father, You are holy and You are good. Your will is perfect, and You are all wise and gracious. But Father God, You also hate sin. Many people live in free will against You, and are Your enemy (James 4:4, Romans 5:6,10) by their words, actions, attitudes and more. You, the Holy and Just God, hate sin yet You have immense compassion and feel tremendous pain for when one of Your children suffers the injustice from another. Lord God we ask for vindication for M. We ask that You clear her name and that the Truth would be seen for how it truly is. You say, "It is mine to avenge” Deut. 32:35, Romans 12:19, and we trust you to protect M.
Jesus, Lord God, we lift up M’s son to You. Please give him insight into Who You are, and have Him seek Your Face that he would find You. Lord Jesus, please draw him to Yourself with Your Everlasting Love for him to surrender to your Lordship. Restore to him and his mother “the years the locusts have eaten” Joel 2:25.
Additionally, Lord Jesus Christ, help M. to focus on You and Who You are. Increase her trust in You, and increase her faith in You to walk more steadily with You. Help her to keep Your Words in her heart and mind and override those thoughts and attitudes around her that tear her down and destroy her trust in You. God prove Yourself to her by her obedience to You in her mind, heart, spirit, and emotion, and by Your providing all of her needs while sustaining her through this hardship until You bring her out of it totally and victoriously. Help us all to realize that we are Your children, and we have nothing to fear in this world since our soul is safe and secure in You by the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Remind us often to not get snagged and twisted by other people who make bad choices even though they may be our family members or coworkers. Reaffirm to us by Your Word that greater is He Who is in us than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4), and that the Blood of Christ family (1 Corinthians 12) is stronger than any flesh blood ties. Please save M’s household, and glorify Yourself in the process!!! In Jesus’ Holy Name, Amen.
Now for the work -
We praise and thank God for you, a faithful mother who loves Jesus Christ the Lord and prays for her son and Tom, and others, too!! Be assured of God’s promise that “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous (wo)man avails much.” James 5:16 Please be aware that God calls us to “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.” This kind of healing can be emotional as well as spiritual and physical. Is there someone you can trust who knows you and will not condemn you if you share your shortcomings, or sin? (Rom 8:1-2) Is there someone who will pray with you for the needs of your heart and life on a regular basis? (do not give up meeting together with other believers. Hebrews 10:24-25 ) Because we are people who are still living here on earth with our “flesh” to deal with and we are not yet fully sanctified, we need to undergo the sanctifying process. This process requires other people in our lives sowing God’s Word into us and even into our actual specific situations. This is what I am doing right now, through the Holy Spirit. Others can do this too, for this is the job of the Body of Christ.
If you do not have a good and trustworthy “mature” in the Word of God, spirit filled Christian friend to do this for you, do not worry. We are first and foremost commanded to confess our sins to the Lord Jesus Christ directly. Jesus the Lord is the only One Who can remove our sins from us and heal us. Furthermore, God uses His Word to remove our “sin patterns”, repeated ways we speak, act, and think which are not healthy or according to God’s best for us. May we suggest, that when you confess to Jesus, He may remind you of some part of the scripture, the Bible, that will pertain to your exact situation. Take His Word to heart, and allow God’s Word to wash over you, cleansing you and healing you, and changing you from the inside. What a blessing we have in Jesus Who never condemns us when we come to Him!! (Come to Me, Everlasting Love, Cast your Cares, My Room, Atonement, Forgiven Woman.)
Regarding your son, we are sad to hear of his condition. We are praying that he gets his hope and happiness even more full than it was. We do not know the reasons for his loss, or for both of you being in grief. God is sufficient and He loves you and your son. God says, “A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling.” Psalm 68:5 This is a promise of God’s character to stand on. The Living God speaks for Himself (Deuteronomy 10:18, Deuteronomy 16:11, Deuteronomy 24:17, Ps 10:14-18, Psalm 82:3, Psalm 146:9) regarding taking care of those without a man in the family, and encourages us to be persistent in calling out to God for what is just Luke 18:1-8!
Your son may be young, so this may not pertain to him. But addressing the situation as if he is a teenager: When a boy becomes a teenager, there may be reasons for his loss of hope and happiness. For each reason there is an answer: A relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and living a life surrendered to the King of kings and Lord of lords. Revelation 17:14
1. After 12 years, children are at the “age of accountability” (Luke 2:41-52, John 15:15) to God. If he was never saved in his youth, he may be deceived by the enemy of his soul, the “god of this age” would have blinded his eyes (2 Corinthians 4:4) and he cannot understand or discern things that are spiritual Truths (1 Corinthians 2 :6-16) and not able to adhere to them. He may believe many of the lies of this culture: people don’t matter, get want you want, don’t feel since feelings hurt, stuff in your feelings since you do not matter, don’t be “weak” by showing your needs, use people, get things, acting out of anger is power, you are in charge of your own life. The only way to combat each one of these lies is with the Truth of God’s Word (Matt 4:1-11).
2. He may not have had a Christian humble and honest man discuss with him and mentor him in the things of God, and of a relationship with God based on Jesus the Christ. He may not have had any man show unconditional love and acceptance to him, tenderness and vulnerability, and how to handle strong emotions and life situations.
3. He may have seen his mother abused which causes confusion in his soul: Where is God when I want my mother protected? Can I trust God? I want to protect her, but I feel inadequate. Am I good enough? I am to be separate from my mom since I am maturing into a man, but she needs me so much, how can I do both? Maybe all my good works will make the difference, but the pressure on me is too great. Why do we try so hard and nothing seems to get better? Is there a bigger purpose and way?
4. He may not have any direction in his life. Between school, home, and culture, the messages are mixing up in my head. I feel so unstable. I listen to music and I was told that the sad words will get into my head without the filter of my mind if I do this. Is that why I am depressed? I play lots of video games that are aggressive. Is that why I can be violent? I watch TV and magazines and bad stuff…. Where am I headed??
5. He may have been abused. Who can I trust? I don’t think I even trust myself. Can I believe anyone anymore? I am so hurt and angry. I cannot forgive them. Maybe no one will forgive me.
The important things to know are that:
1. These are valid reasons for sorrow. There may be different reasons, too. And the good news is that Jesus knows all these things (Luke 5:22, Psalm 139, Ps 135:5, Ps 18:30, Ps 104:24, Prov 8:8-9), He was a boy Who grew up to be like us in every way (Luke 2, Hebrews 2:5-18, Hebrews 4:15) and can fully sympathize (Hebrews 4:15) with us in every part of our life. Jesus can solve everything when we give Him everything. He promises it and delivers it! (Matt 11:28).
2. Looking to the past cannot solve the present or bring you to the future. Never condemn yourself for the past when you have already surrendered the sin of it onto the cross of Jesus Christ. Rom 8:1-2
3. Living for Jesus out of love and obedience to him every day WILL have the present and the future cleaner and brighter long term. It will speak volumes to your son. 2 Corinthians 3:3
4. God’s very nature is to save (God draws us, Call on Him) and nurture humans to become His children and bless them for their love for Him in return (1 John 4:19). Lean on God to accomplish salvation of your family members.
5. Be diligent in prayer for your son. Never stop praying. (1 Thessalonians 5:17) Know that God has given you great authority over your son spiritually and physically. Repeatedly call on God to be his Father if he does not have an adequate one. Act boldly as God calls you to, retreat into God’s presence (maybe in your bedroom or car, Matthew 6:6) often for strength, wisdom, peace, and joy. Respond as your son’s soul needs you to respond so that He can hear the Lord Jesus more clearly and intimately.
6. Trust God to supply your needs (Philippians 4:19) and diligently watch for God to deliver what you and your son need. Act out of faith and obedience(John 15:10), move out of your natural inclinations when the Holy Spirit prompts you (Romans 8:26). Ask for help from churches and other places. God says to ask. Remind your son that these are God’s Provisions for your son’s faith to grow. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit Ephesians 4:30. Be filled with the Holy Spirit by asking for more infilling. Read the Word of God (Bible) as God’s conversation with you. Listen to God and do as He says.
7. Ask the Lord Jesus for His insight and wisdom for your son. Use God’s compassion, empathy, and strong foundation (1 Corinthians 3:11) to do what you are called to do. Trust God’s Word most of all, more than people’s words. (James 1:5, Psalm 119:105, Psalm 18:30, Psalm 143:8, Psalm 119:11) Praise God in all things Isaiah 61:3.
We are praying that you get your apartment rented to whomever God decides, and that you get help with your job. Ask Jesus for discernment as to who He wants it rented to.
Regarding your job:
1. We are praying that you will not feel the hate that is there, tune it out entirely, and that you would place your focus and interest elsewhere.
3. That God’s perfect love will cast out any fear that you have.
4. That you will focus on Jesus and His Love and disregard the smoke and mirrored illusion of people’s false accusations.
5. That Jesus the Christ will avenge and defend you like we mentioned earlier.
6. That you hold every thought, every word they say, every mean action captive to the Truth of God’s Word.
7. That you know that lies, deception, slander, and worse are only attacks from the enemy behind the people, the devil. If you are God’s daughter, which you are, then you are hated and the devil wants your destruction. See the Big Picture.
11. Pray that God will bless you in your work with favor with the people there and financially. For God to give you a greater opportunity to work in a better place and live in a better location for the purpose of growing you in your trust and relationship with the Living God. Exemplify Psalm 34, and Psalm 37. Be clear minded and self controlled so that you can pray. 1 Peter 4:7
12. Pray aloud and often that Jesus would intervene in mighty ways within your heart, mind and soul, and within your son’s heart mind and soul as well for His Glory and eternal purposes alone.
We are joyous as to what God will do for you, with you, and in you. Please let us know if this letter is helpful. We are grateful to partner with you before the Holy and Almighty God!! You are a blessing to us, to know you in your need. Thank you for writing to us! "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His Face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn His Face toward you and give you peace." ' Num 6:24-26
Bring me to Questions
NeedHope.Net is of Billboards for Christ, Inc., a 501(c)3 corporation
Donations received at Billboards for Christ, Inc, P.O. Box 27, Chester, Maryland, USA 21619-0027
Fair Use Permission is granted for all teachings on this website with one constraint: All printed or verbally read material must note "Copyright of Billboards for Christ, Inc. Found at www.Needhope.Net". For more extensive use, please contact us.
All Bible verses are from The Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright© 1973,1978,1984 by International Bible Society®. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. -- La Santa Biblia, Nueva Version Internacional®, NVI®. Copyright© 1999 by international Bible society®. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. -- Verses followed by TEV or CEV are from Today's or Contemporary English Version with copyright permission of the American Bible Society. NKJV is by Thomas Nelson Publishing. All other writings are used with Copyright permission of CSB. Have questions or comments about this web site? Write our webmaster at Contact. Copyright © 2002 Need Hope Last modified: May 03, 2009